imple Fruit Custard makes a light and refreshing summer dessert.
My mom made this custard whenever we had a lot of fruits in the house. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
Exotic fruit custard
- custard powder
- powdered sugar
- cardamom seeds
- fruits (apples, mangoes, bananas, pomegranate)
- vanilla ice cream
- Pour ½ cup milk in a bowl and mix 3 tbsp of custard powder.
- Add 3 cups milk to a heavy bottom pan on medium high heat.
- Stir the milk in the pan in between and let it heat and come to a gentle boil. Then lower the heat, add ½ cup of sugar and mix until combined.
- Start adding the custard mix.
- Add little at a time and mix after each addition. Whisk continuously. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the custard thickens. Remove pan from heat and let it cool down a bit. At this point you can also add cardamom powder (if using).
- Then cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- At the same time, chop all fruits that you are using for the custard and refrigerate.
- Once chilled, transfer custard to serving bowl and mix in the fruits.
- Cover and refrigerate the custard for 1 to 2 hours after mixing in the fruits for the flavors to develop. Then garnish with pomegranate arils and vanilla ice cream and serve fruits custard in bowls!