popular frozen traditional Indian ice cream recipe prepared with milk cream and topped with dry fruits. An ideal Indian dessert recipe which is denser and creamier than compared to the normal ice creams. There are several ways and flavours to the kulfi recipe, and matka malai kulfi recipe is one such variety.
Matka Malai Kulfi
- 3 cup Milk
- 1 cup Fresh malai
- 2 tbsp Milk powder
- 1 cup Fresh cream
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- ¼ cup Sugar
- Firstly, in a kadai heat 3 cup milk and 1 cup fresh malai. Let it boil and stir.
- Also, add 2 tbsp milk powder. Alternatively, add khoya / khova / mava for rich flavour.
- Stir continuously, making sure everything is combined well without any lumps. Get the milk to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup fresh cream and let it boil.
- Add 2 tbsp almonds and 2 tbsp pistachios.
- Boil the milk for 10 minutes or more stirring occasionally.
- Keep boiling till the milk reduces to half or thickens.
- Add ¼ cup sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Boil for another 5 minutes, or till milk thickens.
- Cool the mixture and transfer to a small matka or cups and freeze for 8 hours.
- Finally, garnish matka malai kulfi with chopped nuts and serve chilled.