hether served in a towering stack or eaten one by one as they come off the skillet, pancakes are an undeniable breakfast, brunch—and yes, breakfast-for-dinner—classic.
Plus we have a day dedicated to our favorite pancakes! While we give you some healthy and delicious alternatives for your regular pancakes, here are some quick tips to make your pancake handling business a whole lot easier.
Tips and Tricks To Make The Perfect Pancake
- Take all dry ingredients together in one bowl, and whisk the wet ones in another. Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ones into it gently. Stir only till the ingredients are just moistened. The gluten in the floor tends to develop as soon as it comes to contact with liquid. With over mixing, the gluten becomes tough, which results in tougher pancakes.
- The pan needs to be very hot for the pancakes that it’ll eventually turn brown. You can use minimal coating of butter, rather than bunging a spoonful into the pan. Unsalted butter, for its whey content, doesn’t burn so easily. A mix of butter and oil is also less likely to burn so easily.
- For even heat distribution, it is recommended to use a heavy nonstick griddle or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
- Heat griddle or pan over medium heat before pouring your batter onto the pan.
Let's get into actionPrint Recipe
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/5 cup cream
- 2/3 powdered white sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- ¼ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3 cherries
HOW TO MAKE
- In a large bowl, add 3tbsp of melted butter and 1/5 cup of fresh cream and mix well.
- Now, add 2/3 of powdered white sugar and give a good stir for about a minute.
- Pour 1/3 cup milk, a pinch of baking soda, and ¼ tbsp of baking powder and mix well.
- Finally, add 1 cup of all-purpose flour and make a smooth batter by giving a good stir.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Let it brown on both sides.
- Garnish the pancakes with honey and decorate it with cherries and serve hot.