our digestive health is directly impacted by the foods you eat and the lifestyle you live. By taking steps to improve your digestive health, you’ll help your digestive system to function more efficiently, improving your overall health and sense of well-being. This makes it essential to take good care of our stomach so as to prevent stomach diseases. Let’s find out how.
Often described as belching, regurgitating a bitter taste, or a burning sensation in the chest after eating. Heartburn becomes serious when “alarm features” such as vomiting, the problem of swallowing and weight loss are present.
Changes in lifestyle are the most commonly prescribed steps for treatment and prevention of heartburn.
- Do not eat or drink three hours before going to bed.
- Eat three to four small meals during the day rather than a large dinner or lunch.
- If you are overweight, make lifestyle changes to lose and maintain a healthy weight.
- Quit smoking. It accentuates, aggravates and intensifies heartburn.
- Use antacids such as Maalox, Tums, and Rolaids as after a meal, before bed or as needed.