taying home 24*7 is making us eat more than usual. You may be cooking more meals than you’d like to. We can’t go to restaurants, or have outside coffee or get takeaways and we’re running out of ideas what to cook for dinner or what snacks to eat with your tea or coffee.
So here are some interesting, innovative, and easy recipes you can try with bread slices. Moreover, you can even get the kids involved as these recipes do not require heavy cooking skills.
A bowl full of broth with a piece of crusty bread is one of the easiest, most comforting meals and tasty for sure.
- Place the onions in a large pan with a little oil and gently sweat, without coloring. Add the dried chili flakes to the onion and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes to the pan, mix well, and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil until warm in a separate pan. Add the garlic and basil to the pan and infuse in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the infused oil into the tomato base and stir, then add the bread which will instantly cause the soup to thicken. Cook for 12–15 minutes, breaking down the bread into the soup by stirring with a whisk – the texture should still be quite chunky.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust the heat with a little extra cayenne pepper or chili to your taste.
- You are good to have that soup. Tasty yet Healthy.