t’s around 4pm and you’re digged-deep on the Internet, trying to find a meal you can make fast with stuff that isn’t hard to find. It also needs to seem somewhat impressive and romantic. Food is the best way to express your love. So whip up something fantastic that will not only charm your better half but also give you both a treat to remember.
Easy Manly Meals
If you’re feeling down and lacking basic level skills, take a breath, have a shot of tequila, and scroll through this list of romantic recipes you can easily cook.
1. Protein pancakes
- Place 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 cup of Oats, 5 large eggs, 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup, in a blender and puree until smooth.
- In a large frying pan over low-medium heat – small amount of butter and pour about ¼ cup of batter, repeating until the pan is filled.
- Cook until you start to see bubbles form, flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
2. Sticky chicken lettuce cups
Easy, healthy, and fun, these lettuce cups make a light dinner or can be served as an appetizer.
- Place chicken and cornstarch in a large resealable bag; close bag and toss to coat the pieces in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute before adding honey and sesame seeds. Continue to cook, tossing frequently until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked thoroughly for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves and topped with desired toppings.
3. Smashed white bean and avocado toast
- Place ½ cup of the white beans into a food processor with the olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until it is mostly combined. Add in the rest of the beans and pulse together 2-3 more times to incorporate the beans while keeping some texture.
- Toast the bread.
- Smear on white bean mixture and top with tomato slices and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
4. Mac & Cheese
Creamy and cheesy Mac & Cheese is loved by all. Surprisingly, you could make some in close to ten minutes. Isn’t it great?
- Combine the pasta, water, and salt in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the pasta for 2 minutes.
- Continue microwaving in 2-minute intervals until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir the milk and cheese into the pasta.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals to melt the cheese.
- Eat immediately.
5. Nutella Pancakes
The more the quantity of Nutella in a dish, the better it tastes, right?
- Whisk together flour, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, melted butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Add both the mixtures. Stir gently. Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat and butter skillet on medium-high heat. When skillet is ready add ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle.
- After a minute or so add ½ -1 tablespoon of Nutella to the center of the pancakes. Use a knife to gently spread Nutella out a little.
- Cover the Nutella with about 2 tablespoons of batter or enough to cover up the nutella.
- Serve warm topped with fresh strawberries or bananas and a bit of cool whip.
If you have some cooked rice, you can fix a plate of Biryani in as little as ten minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add onion, garlic and ginger and fry well.
- Add all masala powders and saute well. Add green chilies and tomato and saute.
- Add all vegetables and fry well.
- Add cooked rice and fry for 5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle cashews and raisins fried in ghee.
7. Homemade Granola Bars
If you are always on the move and you want to carry around which are also healthy, you can try this.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form “dough” like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds, and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm maple syrup or honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap, so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened – I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and pack the bars, which helps them hold together better.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let firm up in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars, and you can store them as well.
8. South Indian Lemon Rice
- Take some cooked rice, add the salt, lemon juice and 1 tsp of oil to the rice. Mix them well.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the nuts and lightly fry until half cooked.
- Add the red chilies, Split black gram and Split Bengal gram and cook until they become golden.
- Put the mustard seeds in and allow it to crackle. Add ginger, green chilies, and the curry leaves.
- Lightly cook, then add asafoetida and turmeric powder. Make sure not to burn the ginger otherwise, the lemon rice will become bitter.
- Pour 1-2 tbsp of water over the seasoning to soften the roasted pulses and cook until the water is evaporated.
- Add the mixture to the cooked rice and bind all the ingredients together.
- Cover and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is mixed thoroughly.
9. Aloo Tikki
Simplest yet crazy of all.
- Take boil potatoes and grate them in a mixing bowl.
- Add ginger paste, garam masala, chaat masala, salt, red chilly powder, green chilies, and green coriander.
- Add flour and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts and make flattened balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them until golden.
- Serve aloo Tikki with mint chutney.
10. AlooMattar Sandwich
You can easily make a healthy, crispy sandwich at home itself?
- Boil some potatoes and some peas.
- Smash the potatoes and mix the peas and make a filling.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Put tomato slices on a toasted bread slice.
- Top it with the potato-peas filling and cover with another slice of toasted bread to make a sandwich.
- Layer it with cheese or a sauce of your choice.
So, unleash the power of your cooking skills and charm your way to her heart. Good luck!