READ LASAGNA!! A good alternative to the ‘not so easily’ available lasagna sheets. Absolutely mouth watering and a crowd pleaser. Follow this simple recipe and make mouth watering, delicious Bread Lasagna at home.
- 8 Bread slices
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp corns (boiled)
- 1 tbsp Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 1½ tbsp oregano
- 1½ tbsp chili flakes
- 1½ tbsp butter
- 1½ tbsp All-purpose flour (maida)
- 1½ cup milk
- In a pan boil 3 medium sized tomatoes. After boiling, let it cool for sometime and blend it to make puree.
- In a pan, heat the pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and fry ginger garlic paste until aromatic.
- Add onions and saute until golden.
- Pour tomato puree and add the spices (red chili powder, salt, oregano, chili flakes) and let it cook.
- Your red sauce is ready.
- In a pan, heat 1½ tbsp of butter.
- Add 1½ tbsp of all-purpose flour (maida) and stir continuously for a minute.
- Pour 1½ cup of milk little by little while stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Reduce the flame to low and continue stirring until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add ¼ tbsp of chili flakes, ¼ of oregano, a pinch of black pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Your white sauce is ready.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add all the veggies (boiled corns, tomatoes, capsicum) and saute them.
- To add flavour, add the spices like chili flakes, oregano and salt as per taste. Mix well.
- Your veggies are saute, keep them aside.
Lasagna Sheets Using White Bread
- Take 8 slices of white bread and remove the corners.
- Press the bread slices using a roller and make thin like sheets.
- Take an oven safe bowl in which you are planning to bake your lasagna. Clean it nicely and spread some red sauce on it (a thin layer).
- Now apply the white sauce spread and put one layer of the bread.
- Again apply red sauce and white sauce. Put half of the vegetable filling and spread some cheese over it.
- Put the 2nd bread slice, above pour the red sauce and white sauce spread. Now put some cheese and other half of the vegetable filling on the slice.
- In a large pot, pour some salt and preheat the pot for about 10 minutes.
- Place the lasagna in the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.